Friday, April 22, 2011

Stepping on a different ground. #1



I was browsing around in this huge book store and they have a music section. I wanted a jazz album, to be honest. Bout Amy Winehouse's Back To Black album, it's just brilliant and i'm a fan of hers. But I wanted to branched out as well, because listening to one artist in a certain field only is just plain weird.

This album has the magic ability to give me a mental message after a long day in college. I woke up at 6 in the morning on Friday, with the sun shining slightly into my room and my alarm was 'Starstrukk' by 3OH!3 with snooze for just 2 minutes. Came home at about 5-ish in the evening and just feel mentally exhausted. I have to do some sketching for homework and I'm pretty sure I won't understand and master economics by praying for information entering my head.

After dinner I went to this park near my place for a walk. It's Friday so it's filled with people. When I said people, some might think about the pushing and the squishing and the bumping on someone's back with our face when the person in front of us just decided to stop in the middle of the road.

On the contrary! Although there's people, it doesn't have the intensity and rush in these sea of people. Everybody walks and talks and just chilling. There's even people dancing and that sort of stuff. I gotta say, I love it.

A few days ago, I found this indie shop nearby my place. I loved it so much that I just feel like staying there for as long as I could. There's so many individual objects that capture my eye. Everything oozes memory, people, scent, feelings. They sell rare notebooks (which clearly is 100% my kinda thing), CDs (I found The Kooks among the CDs that they're selling, SCORE), cups, calenders, baby stuff, simple outfits, pens, different genre of books - just about anything I like.

I used to dream that I will open one of these shops. Be in my wonder land all day and selling each and every special thing I have in my store and make my customers happy. Picturing my product placing somewhere in their house. Gleeful to know that I've help in making their home, HOME.

Do check out this website if you are a fan of visual art and culture.


Found this website when I was doing research for an assignment in Contemporary History of Fashion. ;)

Anyway, here are just some of the photos that I've taken. Enjoy !


One out of thousands of streets in GZ.

Heart-shaped cigarettes!

Grandaunt's telephone book in Hongkong.




My short trip to HongKong.


Hongkong = sea of people.

************

My second home.

Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment