Wednesday, October 27, 2010

when it's 3 in the morning and you see Pegasus flying around, you know you should head to bed.

obviously it was time for me to sleep, but as some of you know on 20th August 2010 around 3am my house was broken into by 5 or 6 robbers. Which can cause insomnia and insanity in some human beings, namely me. :D

Being paranoid as hell is one of the symptoms, and let's face it, you tend to hung on to your purse a little tighter, or check at the rear view mirror whether you have been followed or not OR starring at a car like crazy when it's an unfamiliar car to you.

(Apparently they don't run a background check on whether how loaded are you (!) . Till this day i'm still confused over what the hell the robbers were thinking, that we're loaded or something. On the contrary, by their faces [body language, because technically we can't see their faces] of disappointment and frustration, we're not. So my warning to you is : BE CAREFUL.)

At the rate of this, i might, or we can say i AM already going insane. Thank you, farked up society. On the bright side, today's news involved a broke-in gang which consist 5 robbers had been arrested by the police. They set up a trap, and i shall say, brilliant! Though some part of me wished that it was the exact gang that broken into my house and cause blood shed, because i want them to be slammed in the head by the law and justice. Slammed is not the right word, probably the word SMASH is correct. >:)

In another news, Indonesia is being struck by volcano eruptions and tsunami. There were not only struck by one, but SEVERAL earthquakes. The first was measured about 7.3 in the Richter scale. Then soon a few more hit. There are still aftershocks happening.

My beloved brother used to say that natural disasters are used to control the human population on Earth. And oddly i couldn't disagree. With human population growing by the second, babies come and elders died, there's just people everywhere. Overcrowded. God had to do SOMETHING, eh?

Just to clear things up, i do believe in God. My brother on the other hand, not really. Because we're raised as Buddhist / Taoist (we're equally confused by which religion we're in. seriously.), my brother just picked up the joystick (man i love the smell of it!) and pray and just forget about it, move on.

But somehow, with people dying around you and accidents and chaos and war and disasters. I can't help but wondering - does God exist?

Some part of me never wanted to lose faith in God. I love Him. When i had my joy, and my sorrow, God would always be there where i want to thank or pray for the pain to pass, invincible but always important number one. I don't carry around statues of Buddha or something like that everywhere i go, He will always be inside of ME.

Yet i have to make things very clear. Even though i believe in Him, it doesn't mean i'm a total fanatic or whatever. If you believe in something, it's fine. Don't get obsess or attached to it. In the end you'll just go coo-coo-bananas.

Though that love would never die, i was wondering why are there people suffering? I'm given this life of luxury. I know that when i get home my parents will be there. I know i won't starve. I get all my needs AND wants. We tend to whine and complaint about what phones or computer or branded goods we're using. But half way, i see what i have to see to wake up.

I've been given this realization. And i'm pretty sure i want to do something about it.

Erik, my drum instructor whom i adore as he is a good mentor, in drums AND life, told me that maybe i should pick up journalism. Sadly, if i do pick up this profession i need to buck up on my vocabulary as i can't beat the odds of my friends Shanan, Yunzie and Izzie! These three people are insanely brilliant in English and i drool a lot at their knowledge in the English vocabulary!

Anyway, journalism can actually make you go around and discover something. Snoop around, do a little digging. It's either that, or put on your bullet-proof vest and run on the battle-field to cover stories or run around poor and rural areas to let the world know what poverty and the desperation of fresh water and food feels like. It does ring a mighty bell, that's how it got to me.

We have the internet. Clearly this is the most powerful resource we have to find some information. Around KL and/or Selangor there's gotta be some soup kitchen that needs volunteers. So my plan is, after my national examination (SPM), i want to gather around a few good mates and help out in any soup kitchen or voluntary work involving the society.

So, let's give something back, aye?! (:


And that's about it. Signing off !,
Mongie.

No comments:

Post a Comment