Sunday, November 28, 2010

tattoos and piercing.



Why, what's this? Blogging even when national examination is going on? Such big balls to oppose my own promise on not updating during exams?! Who am i? I am an idiot who promises.

:D

I wanted to share about my thoughts on this.

Tattoo and piercing are sort of a taboo subject for some of us, especially Asians i guess. My parents, for instants, gave me the eye when i mentioned about the possibilities of getting a tattoo or piercing. I had piercings each side of my ears, so i think they get the message me of getting piercings on unusual parts.

For me i didn't really think tattoo was such a big issue. However it's obvious, that whenever someone who has tattoo you tend to look at them a wee bit longer than anybody else and my mind wanders into other thoughts like 'such a beautiful art.' or 'what does that symbol or design mean to this person?'

Who doesn't love that faint smell of mystery? That draws you in without you knowing it.

I never wanted tattoo as a people magnet. Meaning, i don't want to get a tattoo for the sake of conversation-starters during dinner or parties. Tattoo is my way of expressing, or something to remind me. The purpose. The inspiration. The thirst for my imagination. Tattoo is a symbol about yourself. It's gotta be a work of art. The 'umph'. The gorgeousness. The magnificent of it.

Paloma Faith had a gorgeous tattoo on her back! (:

Anyways. I used to had a faux tattoo on my ankle. I was pretty guttered when it was gone.


My ideal tattoo would probably be on my ankle or my wrist. OH. I actually had a sudden but quite non-related thought, sorry about that heheh. A few weeks ago, i read across Readers Digest and they always have a column where you can test your vocabulary power. And i picked up the word 'zaftig'. It generally means pleasantly plump. I personally love the word! There are women who are meaty and don't look bad - in fact they look gorgeous! Zaftig supporter all the way! (:


Whenever the word 'zaftig' pops up, the one and only actress i remember is Sara Ramirez. Known for her role as Dr. Callie Torres in Grey's Anatomy. Isn't she gorgeous?! (:



Hahah okay back to the topic about tattoo. I would want to get a tattoo with the number 505 on my wrist, if that's possible AND i actually am very sure after a long time of consideration. The number 505 comes from a meaningful song from Arctic Monkeys, yes, called 505. The song is mainly about his ex girlfriend whom stayed in a hotel room 505. But him touring around takes a toll on their relationship. The song somehow gave me some sort of haunting, i feel that it means something very important to me.

505 will be a reminder. Personally to me. To never lose touch to your love ones. Never turn your back on them. Despite anything that happen, always place them first in your heart.

505.

NEXT : Piercings.

I am very interested in getting a Monroe piercing. The picture will tell it all.


Before i do something in a hurry, i better buy those diamond piercing stickers and try it on first. Trial and error, no? (:

Time to hafal Moral nilais again. God help us all.

Signing out,
Mongie.


No comments:

Post a Comment