Friday, December 3, 2010

Music and cats are my kinda thing.

I've always have a thirst of adding more into my collection of CD Albums. So far I had a couple of CD albums that i'm equally fond of.

Proud of having these albums!

Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob

The song 'The Angry Mob' had me addicted and i was singing it for days. Catchy lines like

'we are the angry mob,
we read the papers everyday,
we like who we like,
we hate who we hate,
but we're all so easily swayed.'

In the main stream, it is hard to find a band or an artist whom there is not one song from them that you don't really like. Hence, i like indie bands very much, because naturally they write and produce great songs. They don't get famous just because of their one hit wonder and sold gazillions of albums for fans who don't really see past their hair-flipping-baby-calling magic, as they called it.




Kaiser Chiefs - Off With Their Heads

God, i love this album like mad! To be honest, each song really can make you move if you feel gloomy or even when you're a wee bit obese. Honestly, nobody can make music like the Brits do.

'and i will not lie to you,
but i definitely only give you half the truth!'

And i was a bit gutted because they only went to Singapore for concert and not in Malaysia. :|

From ALL of the concerts they had, even if it was in Singapore or Leeds or Glastonbury or others, all i can hear is 'they are awesome' and 'God the crowd went insane!' and 'i can't believe that they sang live THAT good!'. How can you not want to jump into the concert and had a blast?



Athlete - Black Swan

This is a totally different kind of music compared to Kaiser Chiefs. While KC went for the CROWD GOES WILD! approach, Athlete is on the track for producing beautiful, life-reminiscing, behind-my-eyelids kinda thing. Which is lovely. The single Black Swan Song has the power to make you say excuses like 'i'm having sand in my eyes'. Unfortunately, i can't put the video embed code here, so i'll put something else! Here's the link, in case you want it.
The track Rubik's Cube is absolutely my favourite out of the whole album. Not that others are not good, it's just that this track rings the right tune in my ear drums. Enjoy!





Bunkface - Phobia Phoney

Malaysian band - what's not to like?! I went to MTV World Stage 2010 and i saw them live, they pretty much kicked ass!





Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

Yes, i am a fan of Amy. ;)




Razorlight - Slipway Fires

Okay, to be honest, i never even run a background check on this album. Meaning, i didn't even Googled for the reviews and listen to ANY of the tracks before buying this album. I sort of trusted my instinct. Besides, i listened to their latest single In The Morning. I like it, so i think this album was a good go. At first, it was a wee bit weird. But sooner or later i DO enjoy this album. I always play this when it was a lazy afternoon. SO background music. (:


* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^

I couldn't think of any good metaphor, but album to me is sort of me needing blood as a vampire. Okay, even TALKING about vampire i thought about Twilight. God damn.

I remember sitting on the floor watching tv (yes i prefer the floor rather the sofa, but with something to lean on), i saw Twilight on TV. I watched 5 minutes of it, the scene where Edward and Bella were in the forest, him flashing his diamond-shining bod, and Bella going : "You're beautiful."

Really? Of all the things to say, you're beautiful?

What's more, she said she's not afraid that Edward has killed people to um-num-num. I swore i remember hearing Charlie saying : "That might be love in the fictional world, but that's just stupid."

Genius ring-a-ding-ding! ;)

Not sure what i'm talking about (how could you?!), here's the video!


OH right. Got a bit off topic there..

I was saying, that owning albums is quite gleeful. When i was travelling, and i forgot to take along my headphones, i get quite agitated when there's repetitive songs on the radio. The worst part it, repetitive song on one station, another station is talking about what is their pet's worst nightmare, while the other stations are looping scripted-laughing advertisements about will-writing companies?

"Thank God I've written a will before i die!"

*fakes laugh among the dead*

So the Kaiser Chiefs CD will always be in my car. But of course, i would always find something new in the scene, thus the chase begins. I would first start finding it in a normal CD/DVD store like Speedy. But usually what i listened to doesn't show up there, so i would go to Mid Valley's Rock Corner. Usually they had like a whole tons of alternative artists album. I think i might have a chance of getting Vampire Weekend's Contra there. BUT NOW! My national exam is unofficially over (uh, EST. But honestly speaking, how are we gonna study?), i can go out and hunt with a spear.

I wasn't feeling totally 'HELL YEAH' when i finished my last paper. I didn't go all mad and crazy and cooky. It didn't make me go THAT happy. Just glad, is all. While me and Kristal (my good mate) was walking up to her car yesterday, i looked at her and said : "There's something i wanted to do for a really long time."

She looked at me for a sec. I throw my bag on the tar road, and just sat down. She joined me without any 'what the hell are you doing?! Yerrrr you are so dirty!" or hesitations or anything like that. How can you not love someone like that? (:

So both of us, sitting in the middle of the road in our school, enjoying the killer view that Hulu Langat has. The sky was so clear blue and mountains just stares back at you. Magnificent, isn't it? And i also almost forgot to bring back my sweater which I left it in the canteen. Thanks Kun!

Had such fun with her, Clement and Daniel.







ANYHOW! So here is my supposedly hunting list, so fingers crossed that all these are available in Malaysia!

HUNT LIST

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

Fyfe Dangerfield - Fly Yellow Moon

Vampire Weekend - Contra

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

And before i end this post, i will show you something cute this week instead of posting another surgery video. This is the reason why i love cats! Enjoy!


KThxBai.

:D

Mongie.

2 comments:

  1. Hair-flipping-baby-calling magic. LOL to that.
    And I didn't know you took pictures !
    And I wanna go shoot zombies at the arcade again !

    ReplyDelete