Friday, December 17, 2010

Drums, Lazy Sunday and Daisy.

IT'S THE STIG!

-

One of the good things about this 3-month-freedom is that i can continue my drum lessons. But the receptionist wanted me to go to the studio personally and pick out the date, time and everything. I uh, haven't got a clue when will i visit the office yet. So we'll see, although i'm genuinely excited.

My passion over drums wasn't a life-long kinda thing. It was more of a 'yeah this looks great, let's do this' and it blossoms. Oddly, my parents had never suggested any instrument-playing when i was a child AND in my early teen years. Erik was surprised when he found out i don't have any early involvement towards music. Actually, it was more of an episode of my dad's inspirational teachings. He always encourage us to pick up a language or learn a skill so we can have a better grip in future. Well, anyone with brains will agree to that.

It got into my head without much stress, and so one day i thought drums is actually a great idea. I never liked guitar or piano or cello as much as i like drums, so i just asked for my parents' green-light and go full throttle.

Oh, my first day. Nervous as heck. I went in the studio and met Erik. Learned the basics and stuff. The highlight of the month is when he told me i was definitely above than average. Let's be honest, everybody wants to be good in something. Of course i'm over the moon.

I thought that hey, i can tackle drums, i might have a good shot in playing guitar as well. But unfortunately i was all feet when i strum the guitar. After all the hours trying to play it, i finally gave up. Knowing that i had absolute no talent whatsoever with the guitar. Thus, it sits there, sooner or later blending together with my wall of things.

Switching hands to change the chords becomes a chore, and it seems impossible. My hair stands and my spine tingling as i strum on my guitar to produce some sort of odd tune that i know i'll never enjoy. Cringing at the fact that my parents whom are downstairs drinking Nescafe and reading the newspapers are gonna think that their daughter don't have the magic fingers.

Eventually, i stopped. And decided i should just stick to drums.

I know i won't be playing the guitar anytime soon, at least i do enjoy holding drumsticks in my hands and kick in some beats. When I slowly learned how to play the drum intro for Kaiser Chief's Learnt My Lesson Well, I went HOLY SHIT I DID THAT! The day after that whenever i had the chance i would hit my fingers against any table to practice that short drum intro in the beginning. Not owning a drum set at home is not a minus, definitely. But owning one would sure drive the neighbours insane but it would keep me happy. But due to the economy now, i don't think it's a good time to look at my dad and said : "Dad, i want to be a professional drummer. To do that, i need a drum set. *clap hands once* NOW."

It's selfish and idiotic.

Being a good daughter. OYEAH.

Anyway. God. Has anybody want a cat real bad?

I know i want a cat quite badly. A few days earlier there's a cat rolling around our compound, and it definitely caught my attention. I went up to her, bend down, look at her and asked what is she doing. She looked at me with that cute eyes that just makes me want to drop everything and hide her in my room to take her as a pet.

As our family do basic things like washing the car or doing the laundry, she's still there. I wanted to keep her, but i don't think dad would be happy when there's cat fur all over the house and his sofa destroyed. Mom would be fine with it, as my grandma has 3 cats on her own. I used to be afraid of them, they look quite intimidating. But once i got in contact with them, things just changed. But i'm still very afraid of dogs. ..Especially Lessie.

Next day the cat was gone. So i had to diverge my plan to catnap others.

No wait, drums, guitar, music, right.

Anyhow, i don't get why there are some people who want play instruments just to get famous, be rock stars and all that. Besides, unless you're really good-looking, the drummers usually won't be recognized by people. It's true! I learn drums for the sake of passion, interest, and yes it can save me when my future in studies tanked.

Well i'm not saying my future will tank.. We just won't know what can happen, right?

I found this song on Youtube for quite some time, and it's has become one of my favourite songs. And yes, they recorded this in the year 1968. It absolutely cheers me up by millions of miles, hope it does the same to you!

Small Faces' song Lazy Sunday.



Then Kaiser Chiefs sang their song live in a french radio station i think. I loved both versions, it was great!

Kaiser Chief's version







Daisy will always be my favourite flower, even though the world consider it as the flower of death! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment