Friday, December 10, 2010

Vampire Weekend!

This may be seemingly unusual, especially if you personally know me, that i actually do feel annoyed by my neighbour. Though where i am from, part of our education system teaches you to always be friendly and nice to almost everyone, in a specific definition that has been invented by some genius who wants us to write down the EXACT same definition of it in our examination. Weird, but utterly true. But to be honest, we don't really care neither.

How did the annoyance started is actually quite simple - it all started with kids and a football. A squishy one, you can nibble a piece of it during a football match when you're starving, and it magically taste like marshmallows.

My family members don't really give a damn (at first), because honestly, we are not those nosy neighbours who deliberately wanted to get annoyed with our neighbours, one of the reasons being 'i haven't got a life', no. But it definitely hit my mom in a sensitive spot when the football landed on her car several times. She actually told me that she wanted to take that football and throw it near a lake where we lived. I laughed so hard I cried a little when i saw her reaction. But unfortunately she meant it.

The kids next door somehow don't really know what 'character' and 'moral' is. Or maybe a sensible head. Because they don't even show a puppy face that all kids should always do and melt me, and apologized. They didn't. And the worst part is - it's the middle of the night. I understand the joy of playing sports at night, believe me. But playing sports that actually ANNOY people, now that's a first.

My mom told me about when me and my brother were kids, they used to be absolute drama queens when we played badminton, as if we kidnapped their kids or set their house on fire. Once, the shuttle-cock landed in their compound. They are such arseholes that, when they saw it, they make sure that you know they know that the shuttle-cock is where it shouldn't have been - and they will walk into their own house and close the door.

She wanted to do the 'throw ball in lake and give them the eye' thing. I went to her and said : "Okay, mom, don't do it. You told me that they are being assholes when we were younger right? Now, you're actually going to be just like them. Don't do that. Because if you do, you just showed them that you have the same standard as them. WHICH, you're don't. Right?"

Her faced changed as if she just had a sudden epiphany (mainly by me), she walked around the living room with both of her hands around her hips and go : "You're right, Mun. You're right." She goes to the kitchen and there it sounded again : "Yes, you are absolutely right." I grinned at her actions which reminded me how much i adore her.

The next thing i know, i heard glass shattering and my neighbour shouting. I got a bit curious, so i wore my brown flip flops and walked lazily to checked out what happened. I saw that the kids were gone and their door has been shut. I looked up at their gate, i bended down and had the biggest belly laugh.

One of their light bulb is missing.


-------------


AND I'M SUPER EXCITED WHEN I GOT...

Vampire Weekend's Contra!



No comments:

Post a Comment